The East End Trust Company was first organized on May 26, 1905. Dr. C.F. Hadley was the first president. Other founders and early directors included John Schimpf, Frederick von Nieda, and John Crawford.
The East End Trust Company opened for business on July 1, 1920 in temporary quarters at 27th and Cramer Streets. Dr. C.F. Hadley was again the president. The cornerstone for the new building at 2614-2616 Federal Street, designed by architect Joseph Hettel Sr., was laid on September 24, 1921. By 1936 the East End Trust had merged with the Camden Trust.