Four Point Cafe, Inc.

AKA: Four Point Bar; AKA Four Point Grille

1 Haddon Avenue at Federal Street

The Four Point Bar first appears in Camden’s City Directories in 1947. The directory shows that Joseph P. Toner and Rosetta T. Jackson were involved in the ownership and/or management of the bar. Rosetta T. Jackson was the widow of James Jackson.

The 1930 Census shows James and Rosetta Jackson living in at 77 White Horse Pike in Berlin NJ. Also living in the household were the Jackson’s two sons and two daughters, and Joseph Toner, listed as a brother. He appears to have been Rosetta T. Jackson’s brother. James Jackson was then working as a shipfitter, probably in Camden. James Jackson was 44 when the census was taken. It is unclear when the Jacksons came to Camden or when the bar was opened.

The Four Point Bar was open as late as 1964 at Haddon Avenue and Federal Street. By 1966 it was no longer appearing in the New Jersey Bell Telephone directories. Morris Silverman renewed the liquor license in 1967, however the building in which the bar was housed was razed within a few years. A McDonald’s fast food restaurant has been occupying the site since around 1990.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.