18th & Federal Streets, Camden, NJ
William C. DuBell moved from Northampton Township in Burlington County to Camden at some point between 1880 and 1887. Once in Camden he found work as a teamster for the Volney Bennett Lumber Company. His son, Charles G. DuBell followed him into the lumber business. In 1922 William, Charles, and grandson Lester went into business for themselves, founding the DuBell Lumber Company at 18th and Federal Street in East Camden.
DuBell Lumber was a fixture on Federal Street for many years. After a brief association with the DiMedio Lime Company in the late 1970s, DuBell Lumber moved out of Camden. Headquartered in Medford NJ for many years, DuBell Lumber stopped operations on February 9, 2019 after 97 years.