Fairview is the area of Camden also known as Yorkship Village, which was built to house the workers of the New York Shipbuilding Company.
Named for famous figures of English literature, the streets of Poet's Row (Byron, Burns and Milton Streets) ran east and west from North 2nd Street, north of Erie Street.
Originally a part of Stockton Township, the area that is now known as East Camden was merged into Camden proper in 1899 along with the neighborhood now known as Cramer Hill.
(Video) Haddon Avenue, Camden, 1941
A video about Camden NJ in 1941. The video is primarily in the Parkside section of Camden, on the 1200 block of Haddon Avenue. The video was recorded by Herbert Wessel.