North Camden

Fire started in the former John R. Evans Co. leather factory, a block long factory building at North 2nd and Erie Streets in north camden on a hot summer night, August 23, 1972. Inadequate water pressure, combined with a stiff breeze from the south indicated that there was trouble ahead. The first responding Fire Company, Engine Company 6, sounded the Second Alarm upon arrival. This photo is looking East on Byron Street.

Poet’s Row

Named for famous figures of English literature, the streets of Poet’s Row (Byron, Burns and…
Read More

Harry C. Anderson

HARRY C. ANDERSON was born in April of 1873 to Isaac Anderson and his wife,…
Read More

George B. Anderson

GEORGE B. ANDERSON was appointed to the Camden Fire Department on September 18, 1872 as…
Read More

Amanda Alloway

MRS. AMANDA ALLOWAY was born in New Jersey in November of 1843, according to the…
Read More
Robert E. Allenbach

Robert E. Allenbach

ROBERT E. ALLENBACH was the Chief of Police in Camden, New Jersey from 1998 through…
Read More

Edwin F. Allen

EDWIN FORREST ALLEN was appointed to the Camden Fire Department on October 9, 1872, as…
Read More
1 2 3

9 thoughts on “North Camden

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.