At a meeting in the First Presbyterian Church on 5th Street in Camden in the Autumn of 1864, Mr. and Mrs. Earl J. Atkinson inspired other dedicated, community-spirited citizens to venture into a project with them.
The Camden Home for Friendless Children was established in 1865. By the 1890’s the institution had located at 915 Haddon Avenue in Camden NJ.
Plans for the thirty-third anniversary of the Pyne Poynt Athletic Association to be observed with an all day program at Pyne Poynt Park July 4 were discussed last night at a meeting in the Pyne Poynt Social Club, 929 North Fifth Street.
The Camden Home for Friendless Children — The committee on collections for the Building Fund, have great pleasure in acknowledging the receipt of the following contributions: