Tag: Engine Company 8

Raymond T. Amos
Posted in People

Raymond T. Amos

RAYMOND T. AMOS was born in Frankford, Delaware on December 28, 1905 to Albert and Catherine Amos. His father was a minister. The family had moved to Camden by the summer of 1910 and taken up residence at 1004 Central Avenue. 

HEAVY BLACK SMOKE pours from a vacant factory and warehouse building formerly owned by the Fuller Brush Company at 6th Street and Atlantic Avenue this morning as a three alarm lire destroyed the structure. The amount of the loss has not been determined. Long gone from Camden, the building that housed Giant Tiger, vacant and condemned, was destroyed by fire on April 28, 1962
Posted in News Articles

3-Alarm Fire Rakes Building

Fire early today razed a condemned two-story brick vacant factory and warehouse formerly owned by the Fuller Brush Co. at 6th st. and Atlantic ave. There was no estimate of the loss.

Saturday morning at 8 o'clock the two-platoon system of the Fire Department becomes effective. At that hour the first shift will go on duty and remain until 6 p.m. when the second squad goes on, remaining until 8 a.m. That will be the procedure in the department henceforth, the schedule being so arranged that every third day there will be a 24-hour shift to let the other off. Every man will have 24 hours off every sixth day.
Posted in News Articles

New Firemen Assigned for Two Platoons

Saturday morning at 8 o’clock the two-platoon system of the Fire Department becomes effective. At that hour the first shift will go on duty and remain until 6 p.m. when the second squad goes on, remaining until 8 a.m. That will be the procedure in the department henceforth, the schedule being so arranged that every third day there will be a 24-hour shift to let the other off. Every man will have 24 hours off every sixth day.