Tag: John F. Starr

The Arctic - built in 1879 for The West Jersey Ferry
Posted in Historical Accounts

The West Jersey Ferry (Excerpted)

This ferry was established about 1800 by Abraham Browning, Sr., an intelligent and enterprising farmer of the territory now braced in Stockton Township.

Catholic Stained Glass Stock Photo
Posted in Religion

Religious History of Camden

The religious history of Camden, NJ, from George Reeser Prowell's History of Camden County, New Jersey, 1886

The First Camden County Courthouse, Camden, NJ.
Posted in Historical Accounts

The Year 1845 - Camden, NJ

A paper mill with a capacity of 45 tons of paper a month was erected on Cooper's creek, north of Federal Street and extending from the creek to Twelfth Street, then known as Paper Mill Road.