Hon, John H. Jones, mayor of Camden, has appointed the following gentlemen who will constitute the police force of Camden; They will enter upon their duties on the 1st of April: Chief of Police, Col. William H. Hempsing. Policemen First Ward, Jolin Dunn, Jom McCormick. Becond, George W. Gardner, Joseph Pike; Third, William Hartman, Isaac Hires, Fourth, George B. Anderson, George Tenner, Fifth, Benjamin Smith, Patrick Gallagher; Sixth, Thos. Heffernan, Joseph H. Sloan; seventh. Charles Smith, Frank Souders; Eighth, F, Chamberlain, Issac Ferris.
Morgan’s Hall, also known as Morgan Hall, was built by the Independent Order of Odd Fellows. The cornerstone of Morgan’s Hall, or as it was originally called, Odd Fellows Hall, at the southeast corner of Fourth and Market Streets, was laid on October 5, 1848.