Established in 1885, the Camden National Bank opened at 259 Kaighn Avenue on August 13, 1885. Zophar C. Howell was the first President. One of the founders, and an early vice-president was Henry B. Wilson, for whom the H.B. Wilson School at South 9th & Florence Street is named, and whose son was Admiral Henry Braid Wilson Jr., for whom the boulevard is named. Another of Wilson’s son, Philip Wilson, worked for the bank for many years. Other founders included Howard M. Cooper and Isaac C. Toone.
FRANCIS C. HOWELL, President
HERBERT C. FELTON, Vice President
ELIAS DAVIS Cashier
The annual meeting of Camden City Council was held last evening for the purpose of organizing for the years 1878-9.