The East End Trust Company was first organized on May 26, 1905. Dr. C.F. Hadley was the first president. Other founders and early directors included John Schimpf, Frederick von Nieda, and John Crawford.
The South Camden Trust Company was opened for business on April 2, 1921.
The Reynolds Leather Company was one of many business that were involved in the processing and manufacture of leather goods. The business operated out of a two story factory designed by noted architect Joseph N. Hettel at 816 Division Street.
The Farmers and Mechanics Bank was organized with a capital of $300,000 on March 31, 1855. The banking house at the southeast corner of Front and Market Streets was built at the cost of $18,000. This institution was conducted as a State Bank until September 1, 1864 when it became a National Bank and its title changed to First National Bank of Camden. On July 1, 1922, it merged with the National State Bank under the title of First National State Bank of Camden. The banking house of the National State Bank was used by the combined institutions and the old building of the First National Bank was subsequently sold to the Joseph Campbell Soup Company.