Bravery on the part of Policeman Harry Bakleyy and Fireman Harry Anderson perhaps saved the life of Fireman Joseph Logue, of the No 4 house when he was overcome with smoke in the cellar at the home of John Holloway, 218 Grant street last night. Logue after being pulled from out of the cellar was revived and was able to resume his duties.
Hospitality was rampant at the First Ward Young Republican Club last night. The occasion was the annual meeting. Following the election of officers there was a delightful entertainment and a splendid feast, – the honors being done by Captain William E. Alberts, simply resplendent facially in his new bunch of whiskers; Recorder O, Glen Stackhouse, who salivated More buttered ham sandwiches than George Kappel did fried oysters; Eph Hires, the school janitor, who saw to It especially that no one was unattended to; Exciseman Joseph Kolb,who insisted on everybody taking something every other minute; John Beard, who was happy over being elected a ward committeeman, and a number of others who looked after the comfort of the many guests in fine style.