Tag: Saint Paul's Episcopal Church

In St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Camden, the following officers were elected: Wardens -- Abraham Browning, Marmaduke B. Taylor, Vestrymen -- Maurice Browning, William E. Lafferty, Samuel H. Grey, Edward R. Shubrick, Jesse W. Starr, Joseph Fearon, William J. Sewell, H. Genet Taylor, James H. Carpenter, Henry C. Alexander, Robert F. S. Heath, Wilson H. Jenkins, Nathan F. Cowan, Harry Humphreys, E. H. King. Deputies to Diocesan Convention -- Abraham Browning, Marmaduke B. Taylor, Edward R. Shubrick. Alternate Deputies to Convention -- H. Genet Taylor, Robert F. S. Heath, Henry C. Alexander. Lay Delegate to Burlington Convocation -- Joseph Fearon.
Posted in News Articles

St. Paul’s Episcopal Church Officers Elected

In St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Camden, the following officers were elected: Wardens — Abraham Browning, Marmaduke B. Taylor, Vestrymen — Maurice Browning, William E. Lafferty, Samuel H. Grey, Edward R. Shubrick, Jesse W. Starr, Joseph Fearon, William J. Sewell, H. Genet Taylor, James H. Carpenter, Henry C. Alexander, Robert F. S. Heath, Wilson H. Jenkins, Nathan F. Cowan, Harry Humphreys, E. H. King. Deputies to Diocesan Convention — Abraham Browning, Marmaduke B. Taylor, Edward R. Shubrick. Alternate Deputies to Convention — H. Genet Taylor, Robert F. S. Heath, Henry C. Alexander. Lay Delegate to Burlington Convocation — Joseph Fearon.

Posted in Buildings

Morgan Hall

Morgan’s Hall, also known as Morgan Hall, was built by the Independent Order of Odd Fellows. The cornerstone of Morgan’s Hall, or as it was originally called, Odd Fellows Hall, at the southeast corner of Fourth and Market Streets, was laid on October 5, 1848.

Saint Paul's Episcopal Church 422 Market Street Photo circa 2000
Posted in Historical Accounts

The Year 1830 – Camden, NJ

Benjamin Dugdale, son-in-law of James Kaighn, established a tannery on Cooper Street below Front, on the site of what became the Esterbrook Pen Company. In 1845 the place was used as a livery stable by Joseph Myers.