SAMUEL SUBERS was appointed to the Camden Fire Department at some point not long after November 12, 1874 as a replacement for Alfred S. Ivins as an extra man with Engine Company 1. He served until April of 1876, when incoming Chief of the department Claudius Bradshaw made wholesale personnel changes within the department. He was reappointed in April 8, 1878 and served until April 5, 1882, again as an extra man with Engine Company 1.
On Saturday a further hearing in the case of Samuel Subers, charged by his wife with desertion, was commenced before Justice Ford W. Davis, of Camden. Several witnesses were examined, but without reaching a decision the case was adjourned until the morning.